Become a Part of Our Team
SSI Career Opportunities
SSI Shredding Systems hires a wide range of talent and is interested in hiring people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. We have many different job opportunities and a variety of career paths.
THANK YOU FOR CONTACTING US!
Careers with SSI
SSI Shredding Systems hires a wide spectrum of talent and is always interested in speaking to candidates with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. We have many different job opportunities and a variety of career paths. We accept applications for any open and posted position. SSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, select a job position from from the list below, then mail, email or fax your resume to:
SSI Shredding Systems, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
9760 SW Freeman Dr.
Wilsonville, OR 97070
Welder & Fitter
Working as an integral part of our fabrication team, you will help by welding and fabricating a variety of materials as outlined by their engineering specifications and drawings. The Fabricator in this position is at least 2 years into a career as a fabricator. Intermediate welding skills have been sharpened and you are quickly acquiring skills to become a master fabricator.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Identify universal weld symbols and various materials, so you will be able to both describe and perform proper welding procedures.
- Promote and adhere to a Safety-First culture by following safety guidelines and requirements, understanding and properly utilizing the appropriate personal protective equipment for each situation.
- Set up and operate welding equipment applying advanced knowledge of weld electrodes and wire, machine settings, quality and quantity standards, and the use of oxygen/fuel gas torch for cutting and pre-heat.
- Read and interpret work specifications, work orders, blueprints and schematics
- Visually inspect completed welds to assure adherence to specifications.
- Perform routine and minor maintenance on equipment, using advanced knowledge of the equipment and the processes to determine the appropriate timing and type of maintenance required. Communicate with maintenance and facilities departments when appropriate.
- Perform air arc gouging when removing welds or preparing weld joints.
- Consistently meet individual daily production goals as set by supervisor and designated lead employees.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Maintain a positive outlook, train and lead by example daily. Explain and/or demonstrate SSI standards to new employees and entry level fabricators.
- Accurately cut, clean, de-burr and prep parts for welding.
- Pulling cable, hoses, or leads
- Cleaning and organization of work area
- Minor staging of parts
- Rigging and Crane/Jib use
- Attending training classes to include but not limited to confined space, crane operator, forklift training, etc.
- Mentoring and training of other trades people.
SSI offers a variety of benefits to ensure our employees are well taken care of…
- Medical benefits (Medical, Vision and Dental)
- Short/Long term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Sending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive Profit Share Plan
- Paid Life Insurance
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and up to 15 pounds above shoulder height on a frequent basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to operate a forklift, pallet jack, hoist, and other machining equipment.
- Eye and Hearing protection devices are required, as defined by safety guidelines.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 2 years combination welding and fitting experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.